Fiona Power is a graduate of fine art from Sligo IT (1984 to 1988) where she studied painting, photography and print
Fiona was a member of the Backwater Artists Group when she lived in Cork city. She now paints from her studio overlooking Dunmanus Bay in Durrus, West Cork,
Inspired by the beauty of her surroundings Fiona paints the ever-changing land and seascapes that are close to her home. Harbour and inlets, hedgerows bursting with wildflowers, dramatic skies and wild lily pools. With a great interest in the shifting light, Fiona captures the fleeting moment of a particular place in time. She has a great love of the Golden Hour and this can be seen in her treatment of morning and evening scenes.
” Working mostly in oils, I employ a variety of techniques and materials. I’m inspired by the beauty of colour and the emotion of the ethereal moments of change in the light and atmosphere of a particular place and time. I hope that my paintings bring about that same feeling for the place and time in the viewer and that they connect with the work on an emotional level.”
Fiona has exhibited widely throughout Ireland and abroad.
In 2019 Fiona was awarded a two-month residency at the Villa Fontaine in Antibes, France from an international field and with the support of grant aid from Cork County Council.
In October 2020, Fiona was awarded a three-week residency at the Cill Rialaig Artists’ Retreat at Ballinskelligs, Co Kerry.
- Open Exhibition; Royal Ulster Academy; Belfast, October 2020.
- “West Cork Creates” online exhibition; Skibbereen, August 2020.
- Group Exhibition, Uilinn West Cork Arts Centre, August 2020.
- Summer Exhibition; Blue House Gallery, Schull, June & July 2020
- “Among School Children”; invited group exhibition, Hamilton Gallery, Sligo, February 2020.
- “A French Connection” solo exhibition; Alliance Française, Cork, 16 January – 28 February 2020.
- “Nineteen Hundred and Nineteen”; invited group exhibition, Consulate of Ireland, 345 Park Avenue, New York, USA, 25 September – 8 November 2019
- “Nineteen Hundred and Nineteen”; invited group exhibition, Hamilton Gallery Sligo, 18 July – 7 August & 7-31 December 2019.
- Two-person show; Cork Airport, November 2019
- Solo Exhibition; During ‘Words by Water’ Festival, Kinsale, The Gallery, Kinsale, October 2019
- Two-person show; Aisling Gallery, Ballydehob, September 2019
- Members’ Exhibition, Uilinn West Cork Arts Centre, April 2019
- “Freedom”; Blue House Gallery, Schull, Co Cork, April 2019
- St Brigid’s Day Exhibition; Embassy of Ireland, Berlin, Germany, 25 March – 26 April 2019
- St Brigid’s Day Exhibition; Hamilton Gallery Sligo, 16 February – 30 March 2019
- St Brigid’s Day Exhibition; Twelve Star Gallery, Europe House, London, 22 Jan – 1 February 2019
- “Contrast”; The Loft Gallery, Clonakilty, Co Cork, December 2018
- Narrow Space Gallery Christmas Exhibition; Clonmel, Co Tipperary, November-December 2018
- South Shore Gallery; Dalkey, Co Dublin, November 2018
- “Eclectic XV”; Hambly & Hambly, Enniskillen, Co Fermanagh, November 2018
- Artsource; Stand B16, RDS Dublin, November 2018
- “West Cork Creates”; Skibbereen, August 2018
- “Anseo”; Skibbereen (in association with the Blue House Gallery), August 2018
- “A Shared Landscape”; Aisling Gallery, Ballydehob (with Anastasia O’Donoghue-Healy), July 2018
- “Elements”, Catherine Hammond Select Invited Exhibition, Skibbereen, July 2018
- “The Airman Foresees his Future”; Invited Yeats Exhibition, The Hamilton Gallery, Sligo, June 2018
- Group Show; Aisling Gallery, Ballydehob, March 2018
- Christmas exhibition; The Blue House Gallery Group Show, December 2017
- Christmas exhibition; The Lavit Gallery Group show, December 2017
- ‘Regions’, Open Exhibition, Uillean, Skibberreen, West Cork (2017)
- “Five Artists” Group Show (with Eithne Roberts, Margo Banks, Aidan Butler and Annabel Langrish) ; Heron Gallery, Ahakista, West Cork (2017)
- Skibbereen Arts Festival with the Blue House Gallery; Group Show, Skibbereen (2017)
- “Abundance: Land, Water, Light” 2-person exhibition with Anastasia O’Donoghue-Healy; Aisling Gallery (2017)
- “Summer Select” group exhibition; The Lavit Gallery (2017)
- “Two of a Kind” 2-person exhibition with Cormac O’Leary; Aisling Gallery (2016)
- Doswell Gallery Summer Show; Rosscarbery (2016)
- Cairde Visual Open Exhibition; Hyde Bridge Gallery, Sligo (2016)
- Cairde Visual Open Exhibition; Hyde Bridge Gallery, Sligo (2015)
- Group Show; The Lavit Gallery, Cork (2014)
- Group Show; Blue House Gallery, Schull (2014)
- Group show; The Lavit Gallery, Cork (2007)
- Group show; Hamilton Gallery, Sligo (2007)
- Group show; The Lavit Gallery, Cork (2004)
- Group show; Triskel Arts Centre, Cork (1995)
- “Iontas”; Sligo, RHA Dublin & Ormeau Baths Gallery, Belfast (1995)
- “Scóip”; Siamsa Tíre Arts Centre, Tralee (1995)
- Christmas Group Show, The Model, Sligo (1994)
- RHA Annual Exhibition; Dublin (1994)
- Rotary Club, Dundalk; group exhibition, Dundalk (March 1994)
- Monaghan Open Exhibition; Monaghan (1993)
- Boyle Arts Festival; Boyle (1993)
- “Art Presence”; Crawford Gallery, Cork (1993)
- “Amalgam”; group exhibition, Ballymote (July 1993)
- Local Artists Annual Exhibition; group show, Sligo Art Gallery (1993)
- “Three of a Kind”; three-person show, McCanny Gallery, Sligo (1993)
- “Iontas”; Sligo Art Gallery, Sligo (1993)
- “Beginnings”; group show, Sligo Art Gallery (March 1993)
- Rotary Club, Dundalk; group exhibition, Dundalk (March 1993)
- “Aishling”; group show, The Pantheon Gallery, Dublin (1993)
- Group show; The Model, Sligo (1992)
- 15th Annual Local Artists Exhibition; group exhibition, Sligo Art Gallery (November 1992)